A project billed as the country's first middle-income housing development built with mass timber...
Round Trip OZ Investments, with Jeff Feinstein & OpportunityDb
What happens to opportunity zone capital if the qualified opportunity zones fund sells? And how does reinvestment of those proceeds from that sale occur before the end of a 10-year holding period? These questions and more present unique opportunities for alternative investment options with significant tax benefits.
- Who is eligible to benefit from the OZ tax incentives.
- What gains are eligible for deferral, when investments in Qualified Opportunity Funds (QOF) must be made.
- How to transact a sale and recycle the original gain within an OZ investment in order to maintain qualified opportunity zone investment status.
- How qualified opportunity funds can remain an option for deferral of capital gains within noted time frames.
- Timeline of the tax benefits, operational requirements of the fund, and exit strategies.
- Multifamily as the largest asset class within the opportunity zone wrapper.
- How to achieve the full tax benefits in the 10-year hold period.