This article from Business Facilities, authored by Katherine Noll and Trey Bolling, outlines the...
Key Concepts In OZ Underwriting, With Jill Homan
On the most recent episode of The Alternative Investment Podcast, host Andy Hagans was joined by Managing Director of Pinnacle Partners Opportunity Zone Fund VIII, Jill Homan. They discussed keys to successful underwriting and how LPs can approach Opportunity Zone projects with a more critical eye.
Some episode highlights include:
- Key details on the Opportunity Zones program, and why it is so appealing for HNW investors.
- Jill’s philosophy and approach to underwriting, and how it might differ from the approach taken by others.
- An important metric that LPs and financial advisors should consider when evaluating any private placement offering’s pro forma.
- The economics behind ground-up development real estate, and the risk premia that investors should generally expect to receive.
- The MSAs that Pinnacle Partners has focused on, and why the MSAs represent appealing opportunities for investment.