Build-To-Rent Strategies In Opportunity Zones
Given the existing macroeconomic landscape, the build-to-rent residential asset class is poised for growth. Pinnacle Partners Co-Founder Leo Backer and Trilogy Investment Company CEO Jason Joseph joined OpportunityDb to discuss positive trends in build-to-rent, and why it fits so well within an Opportunity Zone dynamic.
- An update on Pinnacle Partners OZ Fund VIII, and the reason for the shift into build-to-rent strategy.
- How build-to-rent (BTR) is defined, and how it differs from multifamily and single-family rental (SFR).
- Who the typical residents of a BTR community are.
- Markets that Leo and Jason are bullish on for BTR communities.
- Structural and cyclical trends that may help bolster the BTR asset class.